Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is the latest version of Google Analytics, released in October 2020. Here are some of the new features and updates in GA4:
- Enhanced measurement and reporting: GA4 provides more accurate and detailed tracking of user interactions on your website and app, including events, conversions, and e-commerce transactions. It also offers new reporting features such as audience analysis, customer journey analysis, and predictive analysis.
- Machine learning-based insights: GA4 uses machine learning to surface insights and recommendations based on your data automatically. This feature can help you understand user behavior and make data-driven decisions.
- Cross-device tracking: GA4 allows tracking users across different devices and platforms, giving you a more complete view of the customer journey.
- User-centric privacy controls: GA4 includes new privacy controls that allow users to opt-out of data collection or control the data that is collected about them. This helps to protect user privacy and comply with data protection regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- Enhanced integration with other Google products: GA4 integrates seamlessly with other Google products such as Google Ads, Google BigQuery, and Google Tag Manager. This lets you get a more holistic view of your marketing efforts and make data-driven decisions.
- App + Web properties: GA4 introduces the concept of “App + Web properties,” which allows you to track both web and app data in the same property. This makes it easier to compare and analyze data from both channels.
Overall, GA4 offers a more comprehensive and user-friendly experience for tracking and analyzing user behavior on your website and app. It provides a wealth of new features and insights that can help you better understand your customers and make data-driven decisions.